Autism Respite CareOur Autism and Learning Disability Respite Support provides short breaks for families and carers or a ‘between placement’ service for adults living with Autism, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Needs.
Individuals with Autism using Respite Care experience:-
- A safe, friendly, home from home with their own en-suite bedroom
- A programme of activities matched to identified needs and abilities
- Support from experienced and trained staff who get to know the individual through repeated stays
- Advice and support on emotional, physical and mental health and daily living issues
For Families and Funding Authorities we can:-
- Offer best value, robust and appropriate services
- A place of safety/crisis placement at very short notice
- Ongoing relationship with Brookdale offering support and advice
- Excellent Feedback and communication before, during and after placement
- Positive outcomes for people, carers and care managers
- Ability to accept direct payments and self funding individuals
- The reassurance of knowing the person is being cared for in a service which is fully CQC compliant.
- Where appropriate, in the cases of longer stay individuals, a personalised support plan detailing admission objectives and projected outcomes.
- Transportation to and from the service if required, by negotiation.
Autism Hospital Crisis Support & Short Stay ServiceThrough its hospital service, Brookdale also offers a short stay/respite service for those with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health issues and challenging needs. Individuals may be subject to the requirements of the Mental Health Act or due to risks posed to themselves or others, be subject to Depravation of Liberty Safeguards.
This service is particularly useful for people who have been subject to a crisis residential or supported living placement breakdown and need a safe place to reside short stay whilst alternative arrangements are being made.
Contact us on 01707 646 646 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these services and see how we can support your people within our Rehabilitation Hospital, Residential Care and Supported Living Services.