Brookdale SafeguardingWe take Safeguarding seriously. This protects the people we support and staff from experiencing abuse, bullying and enables a positive caring environment.
Some of the things we do to promote good practice:
- Rotating staff. We rotate membership of teams and all frontline staff rotate between night and day shifts, on the basis that teams working in isolation can develop sub-cultures of their own.
- Having 'fresh eyes'. We are used as a placement for social work and nursing students, who question what we do and encourage reflection on practice.
- Dedicated staff member. We employed a senior social worker with a sole remit for safeguarding and complaints.
- Scrutiny from leaders. Senior managers and clinicians are frequently present on the units and homes, including night visits.
- Independent Advocacy. Advocacy is available to all the people we support.
- People We Support Forums. Opportunities for people to discuss anything. They can also speak to their keyworker or home manager at any time.
- Family Forums. We provide regular family forums for parents.
- Open Feedback and Complaints process. We encourage the people we support and their families to let us know how they feel and if there are areas they feel we can improve.
- Mental Health Act Manager. Milton Park Therapeutic Campus employs a full time Mental Health Act Manager to ensure people are made aware of their rights whilst they are detained under the MHA. They also coordinate with MHA Solicitors and arrange tribunals and appeals for the patient.
- Staff training. Our Training Academy provides Induction and ongoing staff training, ensuring all staff are up-to-date with current policies and strategies.
- Recommend visits. From families, care workers and prospective referrals.
- All Brookdale Care’s services are registered with the CQC.
- Pathway House. We have opened a new transition service, specifically designed to support people out of hospitals (or to stop admission in the first place). Pathway House is a robust social care service which can support individuals in a home environment that may otherwise not be able to be supported in a community placement.
For more information, to provide feedback or to make a complaint, please contact us on 01707 332244 or firstname.lastname@example.org